Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Queen Elizabeth I Chalkboard Drawing

     This is my first drawing of the year, as our history readings haven't shown a central theme yet, but as we are getting into Queen Elizabeth's reign in Our Island Story, I decided to draw her on the chalk board.  Not only are we reading her in OIS, but we will soon be reading an autobiography about her by Diane Stanly.  I love Diane Stanley's autobiographies.  Anna and I both were captivated by Joan of Arc last year.  Elizabeth is another strong and fearsome woman, who was so iconic that an entire age is named after her.  I am looking forward to studying about her with Anna. 
     As far as the drawing goes, she looks a little ghastly, as it is hard to get good flesh tones with only primary colors and white and black.  I can not wait to get new chalk, especially since I used up every last bit of white on this drawing.  I am going to get some of this chalk, that is meant for chalkboard drawings.  I can't wait to try it out. 

5 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Your drawing is wonderful! I bought some of the chalk you linked to - but it feels too precious to use. Lol. oh, to have a chalk board!
    And, we too are reading The Little Princess. In a household of boys. It's wonderful. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks you guys!
    Amber, My chalkboard is just a hacked up Ikea kids easel. It's not huge, but it works, and it was cheap. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant!

    I'm glad I found you...I'm a fellow student of Charlotte Mason! And I'm following you now! http://littlehomeschoolblessings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Bethany! I love connecting with fellow CMers as well.

    ReplyDelete