Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Recipe of the Week

I've decided to start doing a recipe of the week, because I know I am always on the look out for simple recipes that I can throw together on a week night.  I made this the other night, and liked it because it was easy to make and only used one dish. You could have sides, but I thought it was enough with just bread.  The kids liked it too.

Chicken Cacciatore with Green Beans
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small onion
1 green bell pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 lb boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 15oz can stewed tomatoes, chopped, with juice
1 cup frozen green beans
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
salt and pepper to taste

In a 10 inch skillet heat oil over med. heat; add onion, green pepper' and garlic, and saute for 1 to 2 minutes. Add chicken to skillet and continue to saute until chicken is no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, green beans and seasonings. Reduce heat to low and simmer until chicken is thoroughly cooked; 8 to 10 minutes.  It makes about 4 servings. 

This picture may not convince you to try and make this dish, but it tasted good!

No comments:

Post a Comment