Friday, December 16, 2011

Wooden Play Stove

       I have finally finished one (just one!) of all the toys I am making the kids this year.  This is a wooden play stove for the twins. 
     My husband helped me a lot on the construction of it, but the design is all mine.  I like working with wood, as somehow it is less stressful than sewing. 





     Dave saves everything, which drives me crazy most of the time, but with this project his pack rat tendencies really paid off.  The counter of the stove, (which makes the whole stove look awesome!) was  from the left over piece of counter we had after cutting out the hole for our sink when we remodeled the kitchen.   I have to admit, I was for throwing it away, but Dave said he wanted to keep it.  Now I'm glad he did. 



     The shelf brackets are little Red Bellied Woodpeckers.  I thought it added a cute and unique touch.  I still need to add cup hooks underneath the shelf, so that they can hang the little oven mitts I made.  So, maybe I'm not completely finished.















     I love the oven door.  It has a frosted plexiglass window, and magnetic closures to help keep the door shut.  We still need to attach chains to keep the kids from breaking the door by sitting on it.  Hopefully if it doesn't open all the way, it won't be such a tempting little seat for our boy who loves seats.
    All in all I am very pleased with the way it turned out, and I think the kids will love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment