Sunday, December 19, 2010

It's Starting to Feel a Lot like Christmas!

     Anna and I have spent the past few days baking all sorts of Christmas treats.  We usually do this at night, after the babies have gone to bed, and it is our special time together.  We've made chocolate cookies, chocolate covered shortbread, gingerbread men, and last night we made sugar cookies.  We rolled them out and baked them today, to be ready for our church's Candlelight Evening service.












     I mixed up the cookies on the dinning room table to make it more accessible for Anna.  One good thing about being the only big kid in the house, is that you get to lick two beaters. 
















I let Anna take some pictures with my camera, until I started feeling self conscience.  I guess this is what the kids feel like with me always snapping photos of them.  










    And here's our pretty little peace cookies.  I don't have anything like bells or stars, but I think the doves are pretty.  
     Cooking with children can be challenging at times, but it is a great way to bond and spend time with each other.  I am going to start baking bread a couple of times a week, and having all the kids help with that.  My mother made all our bread; we never bought pre-made bread from the store, and often to entertain us, she would give us each a glob of dough to do with as we liked.  It was so much fun to make our own little braids, hearts, or whatever.   

No comments:

Post a Comment