Monday, August 20, 2012

Farewell To Summer Camping Trip

     This camping trip was really for my birthday, but it coincided well with the end of our summer vacation.  I love being outside in late summer when the crickets are out in full force.  It reminds me of a book I read as a child, (maybe Charlotte's Web) where it describes the crickets as singing a farewell to summer song.  The weather has turned cooler here, and it's almost bitter-sweet. 
I spent most of the first day in a jacket, trying to get used to the cooler temperatures in the higher elevation.  Funny thing; I didn't realize this picture was taken, so when I first saw it on my camera, I thought, "Who is that?"  I guess I'm not used to seeing myself in profile.
      My sister and her family joined us later that day, and it was great visiting with her and spending time with my nieces and nephew, who change so much every time I see them.  Her older ones, because they are teenagers, and are growing up in light speed, and her younger ones, because they are toddlers, and grow up equally fast. 






Here she is with her little blond beauties.

We took lots of walks, while herding lots of little ones. 
Taking time to pick flowers,
Discover centipedes,
Or let a rubber lizard eat a few leaves.
The trail ended at a little lake, where the kids kicked off their shoes and got a little wet, even though that wasn't our intention.  But, kids and water are magnetically attracted.

















1 comment:

  1. looks like fun! We have our last camping trip of the season starting this Friday. Hoping for cooler weather!

    ReplyDelete