Thursday, August 9, 2012

Saying Goodbye To Being A Bilboard

     I have very ugly shopping bags.  They're an assortment of free ones I've picked up, advertising things like Wal-Mart and I Can't Believe It's Not Butter.  Shopping bags are shopping bags I guess, and it doesn't really matter if they are ugly, but I don't like being a walking advertisement for things I don't even like.  After all, I can believe it's not butter, and you will never catch me eating the stuff. 
     So I have decided to make some nice pretty shopping bags, that I can be proud to have sitting in my cart.  I've been up to my ears with making stuff for my etsy shop, but I managed to find time to make one bag.

     I had some burlap left over from lining the kids farm rug, and it turned out to be the perfect amount to make this. I just love the texture of it.  So now I have one, very stylish, very me, bag; and I know just what ugly bag this is going to replace.  Fake butter, anyone?  And in the spirit of producing less waste, (Since that is after all, why I have reusable shopping bags.) the handles and trimming on the bag is from an old sheet.  Probably the rest of my shopping bags will be made entirely from sheets, as burlap is a pain to work with.  But it looks great!

No comments:

Post a Comment