Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Pumpkin Carving


     I've carved a pumpkin every October since I've been married.  Last year was the only year I didn't.  I just didn't have the energy to do anything extra, but I missed my tradition.
    









    This year however, the babies were old enough to "help", and it was something we could all do together.  As the twins are approaching two, they are able to be a bigger part of our family activities, and taking their own roles in our family.  I'm starting to get a sense on how it is to be the mother of more than one child.






For instance, when it was time to clean out the pumpkin, I just cut off the top, and let the kids go at it.  I didn't feel compelled to be down there with them, because I knew they were having fun doing it themselves.  It has freed me from being a play mate to Anna, and can enjoy just being a mommy. 








     I am looking forward to when the twins can fully participate in everything we do, and become friends for each other and Anna. In many ways they already are.  This morning while Anna was watching TV, Samuel walks up to her and taps her shoulder; she says "what?", and he gives her a big hug.  Sometimes sisters just need hugs.





  Our finished "buppy", as Abriel calls it.

2 comments:

  1. thank you so much for stopping by my blog yesterday. I am now a new follower of yours! Love your pictures of the kids. We HS also....hope we can share ideas!

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your welcome! I love seeing other homeschooling mom's blogs.

    ReplyDelete